The View Skyline Spiral Notebook

Spring Has Come GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2023 9:06 PM  #1

Am I the only one

who misses the old Christmas musical specials like Andy Williams*, Perry Como and Dean Martin .. even Bing Crosby.  

*One Christmas show of his he and Claudine were singing to one of their children who was in the crib.  When they finished, he looked up at them and asked "can I have my cup of coffee now".  The looks on their faces where priceless, as coming from a family of "coffeeholics", my brother use to dip his spoon in his cup of coffee and then dip it in my glass of milk .. just enough to give it a little color and I thought I was pretty special and drinking coffee!!

~The best things about the good old days was that I wasn't good and I wasn't old~

December 4, 2023 11:09 PM  #2

Re: Am I the only one

Nope. I miss them. I love the Christmas programs for kids too. Rudolph, Frosty,  The Grinch, Peanuts Christmas. When i was a kid they had a kids program two nights a week till Christmas! I never let a Christmas go by when I don't watch a least one version of a Christmas carol. I play carols in the house while i clean and i enjoy baking Christmas cookies i want my grandbrat to remember me as the nutty grandma who enjoyed every holiday tradition.

Last edited by Nip99 (February 17, 2024 4:33 PM)

Behind every powerful woman is a cat or dog following her in the bathroom

December 4, 2023 11:40 PM  #3

Oh well, Charlie Brown's Christmas Special is a MUST SEE!!

~The best things about the good old days was that I wasn't good and I wasn't old~

December 5, 2023 1:40 AM  #4

I miss the old Christmas specials and singers.  I just found my CD's of the old singers and will start playing them tomorrow. 

Hope is still one of the most powerful forces ever!!

December 5, 2023 3:28 AM  #5

I love all the movies, the kids shows, etc.  I have never let one Christmas go by without watching Charlie Brown, White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and a few Hallmark movies.  I have already watched 2 of those so far.  I still love all those old shows/movies.  Back when we were kids you had to check the TV guide to make sure you didn't miss them because they only came on once.

Last edited by Nip99 (December 5, 2023 3:31 AM)

The Best Time For New Beginnings Is Now!! 

Board footera