The View Skyline Spiral Notebook

Spring Has Come GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2023 8:49 PM  #1

FEMA alert

I'm sure everyone has heard that they will be conducting a FEMA broadcast/alert tomorrow nationwide.  Does anyone know anything more about it?  Why they are doing this?  What time, etc?  What are they trying to accomplish?

The Best Time For New Beginnings Is Now!! 

October 3, 2023 9:12 PM  #2

Re: FEMA alert

No idea!

October 3, 2023 10:39 PM  #3

Better not be Covid - they want to start with mask mandates.

October 3, 2023 11:05 PM  #4

I heard it was just a test to make sure it was working, etc.  I'm sure nothing more ... but then I'm sure some will make something big out of it.  

~The best things about the good old days was that I wasn't good and I wasn't old~

October 4, 2023 1:13 AM  #5

presh37 wrote:

I heard it was just a test to make sure it was working, etc.  I'm sure nothing more ... but then I'm sure some will make something big out of it.  

I hope you're right Presh. Enough is enough already.

October 4, 2023 2:11 AM  #6

They have definitely done this before, but I don't remember them ever doing it on a National level.  Or maybe I just don't remember.

October 4, 2023 12:57 PM  #7

Presh is right - it's just a test. Although in some cases the cell phone alert can be disconcerting I guess.

October 4, 2023 2:18 PM  #8

I think if you leave your TV off it won't go off, but not sure about the phones.  I guess you can turn the sound down.  I think it will hit computers too, so turn those down/off too.  Years ago it was just on the TV's.

October 10, 2023 12:41 PM  #9

I heard that Russia had the same test when we did. Anybody know anything about that?

Board footera