The View Skyline Spiral Notebook

Spring Has Come GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2023 2:53 PM  #1

Shows from Australia, New Zealand, and the UK

Does anyone watch alot of TV?  Do you have any favorites?  We have become bored with the shows from the U.S. and there are just repeats on in the summer, so we started wacthing shows from the U.K., Australia, and New Zealand.  They are really good.  They also have more "normal" people in the cast.  The actors and actresses are not all size 3, with all hair in place, and wearing 6 inch heels while chasing down a 200 pound thief.  Or some model looking doctor, policeman, lawyer with 14 girlfriends every season.  There is also NO WOKE crap in every show.  They might have a gay person on occassion, but they don't make the whole show about that. They just have normal people that aren't real young, not real skinny, don't wear skin tight clothes, and aren't over the top dramatic.  Much more realistic/fun.

Last edited by Nip99 (June 30, 2023 3:41 AM)

The Best Time For New Beginnings Is Now!! 

June 29, 2023 4:37 PM  #2

Re: Shows from Australia, New Zealand, and the UK

Yes & yes, but they are in reruns now.  During summer I watch a lot of HGTV which I like.  And Lifetime movies, etc.  And thru On Demand, I'll watch some shows I missed during their regular season.   If desperate, I may go to Hallmark!!!  

Unfortunately, at the end of September, Netflix will no longer be sending DVD's thru the mail.  I will miss that, as I joined from the get go w/them and have enjoyed getting movies in the mail.  

They have a pretty good library of DVD's here too.  I watched Mama Mia again the other night .. love that movie & music.  

~The best things about the good old days was that I wasn't good and I wasn't old~

June 29, 2023 6:33 PM  #3

I haven't seen that movie in ages.  That was good.  Our favorite show is Brokenwood, but we have watched all 9 seasons so we are going to have to wait until Season 10 to start that one again.  Right now we are enjoying The Mysteries of Madame Blanc.  It's good.  They have some humor in them (French) and Darby and Joan (Australian).  Just a refreshing change since there is mystery and humor and they don't all look like 20 year old models.  Just middle aged, normal looking people.

Last edited by Nip99 (June 30, 2023 3:42 AM)

June 30, 2023 1:35 AM  #4

I binge YouTube. Theres a video out there for everything. Cleaning decorating organisation..dirt on the stars or the royal family....history. You name it.

Behind every powerful woman is a cat or dog following her in the bathroom

July 6, 2023 3:05 PM  #5

We found a good one from the UK called "No Offense".  It's a police show, but has a lot of humor.  They have some good stories.

Board footera