The View Skyline Spiral Notebook

Spring Has Come GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2022 2:34 PM  #1

It's time to start digging!

I planted all those seeds in little containers and put them in my greenhouse and they are ALL coming up nicely.  Too early to plant them in the ground, but that will be soon.  I can get my bulbs in this weekend.  (Caladiums, Day Lilly's, Canna's)  Are there any other gardners here?

The Best Time For New Beginnings Is Now!! 

March 17, 2022 2:50 PM  #2

Re: It's time to start digging!

You bet... but we can't plant anything until Memorial Day, after the last frost. Seems like years from now, but patience is required. I'll start some seeds in the next week or so.

March 17, 2022 4:26 PM  #3

Nope, I am not a Gardner, I have tried and tried but everything dies on me so I stopped trying.  I have a Farmer right down the street from me and I don't cook or can anything, so my Farmer is fine.

Hope is still one of the most powerful forces ever!!

March 17, 2022 4:38 PM  #4

I miss having my balcony and my pretty Cyclamen and hanging baskets.  We have a pretty Terrace here and they are the process of redoing it now.  Should be pretty when done. 

It's funny though, after a few visits to my RA Doc way back when he said "I hope you're not a gardener" .. guess w/these hands it wouldn't be easy.

~The best things about the good old days was that I wasn't good and I wasn't old~

March 17, 2022 7:47 PM  #5

So nice to see spring! Im ready.

Behind every powerful woman is a cat or dog following her in the bathroom

March 18, 2022 1:15 AM  #6

Oh Presh - digging in the dirt always feels good.  RA and all.

March 18, 2022 1:52 PM  #7

I’m ready to get outside in the sunshine do some planting! We are having a nice weekend so I plan to get outside and get some lantana and gardenia’s planted.  My daylillies are already coming along great! 
I usually wait until April to plant my big pots. 

March 18, 2022 2:44 PM  #8

StillCaribou wrote:

I’m ready to get outside in the sunshine do some planting! We are having a nice weekend so I plan to get outside and get some lantana and gardenia’s planted.  My daylillies are already coming along great! 
I usually wait until April to plant my big pots. 

Big difference from Maine, eh 'Bou?

March 19, 2022 2:51 AM  #9

Oh yes Luv…for sure!

March 19, 2022 9:13 PM  #10

I sure wish I had luck/skill gardening.  I love flowers, plants etc....  We have beautiful flowers, several fruit trees and raised veggie "gardens" out here, but we have a landscaper who takes care of them.  My husband isn't good at growing things either.

March 26, 2022 6:20 PM  #11

All bulbs are planted!!  Hooray!  Now I have to wait a couple more weeks and I can start to plant the ones I started by seed.  Mid April we "SHOULD" be done with any freezing temperatures.

March 26, 2022 7:51 PM  #12

Oh great.  Good luck!

~The best things about the good old days was that I wasn't good and I wasn't old~

Board footera